Promoting Your Club
We hope that you have had a chance to take a good look at the Rotary5320.org, our District web portal. With our website and District database, we are able to offer your club many exciting new ways to promote your club! Here are some ideas for getting the most out of the District PR resources:
Add your club events and fundraisers to the District and Club Database (DaCdb)
Your club may now directly add events and fundraisers to the District calendar. The events you add will be displayed to other Rotary clubs and to the public on the District’s calendar page. To add your event, your club’s calendar master should log into the District database through the “For Members” links at Rotary5320.org or directly at this link.
Next, click the “Calendar” tab and then “Add to Club Calendar”. Choose an event type from the drop-down menu and enter a snazzy name for your event. Enter an event description that will draw a crowd and include complete location information, date and time. After you click “Add”, you will be able to edit the event to provide a link to more information and even upload an event flyer!
Please observe these simple rules for the District calendar: 1) All events must be Club events, sponsored or co-sponsored by a Rotary club. Entries promoting third-party events for groups your club supports but does not sponsor will be removed from the District calendar. 2) Uploaded flyers should be in “pdf” format and should not be longer than two pages.
Place an ad on Rotary5320.org
Currently, we are running graphic ads for District events, but these can be rotated with ads for your club fundraisers or major projects. The advertising is public and appears on every page of the Rotary5320.org, changing with each click of a mouse. To advertise your event:
- Create a graphic for your club event. This can be a logo or photo representing your club or the event. All ads must have a graphic; we will not display “text only” ads. Your graphic should be in jpg, gif, or tif format.
- Send your graphic to the District Administrator with the following information: Name of event, date, time and place of event, website link to your club site or another website that has complete information about the event, including flyers, forms, etc. The graphic ad on the District site will link directly to the website page you provide to us. The District will not be creating or hosting the webpage for you.
- Tell us the dates that you would like your ad to run. The advertising rate for our “Coming Events” box is $25 for every month or portion of the month that we run your ad.
Create a Newsfeed Item
Our new website has a “newsfeed” of up-to-the-minute Club and District news. (Rotarians and the public can subscribe to this RSS feed or receive email notifications of new items.) To add your news item to the District newsfeed, email the District Administrator with your news item. Be sure to include
- What the good news is
- When it happened or will happen
- Where it happened or will happen
- Who has or will benefit from the project or event.
- Which Rotarians participated or will participate
You may, but are not required to, send a photo or logo to include in your news item. All photos or logos should be submitted in “jpg” format.
Submit an Article to the Monthly District News
If you have good news to share, write it up for the newsfeed AND the monthly District News. Just let the District Administrator know that you want your item to appear in the monthly newsletter that is sent by email to all District Rotarians on the first of each month. The deadline for submitting your article for the District News is the 20th of the month.
Update Your Club Website
Rotary5320.org includes “Where and When Clubs Meet” – a snapshot of each club in our District. The page has live links to each club’s own website. A visitor can preview all of the clubs in our District without leaving the District site. So…
Now is the time to be sure that your club’s website grabs the visitor and makes them want to visit your club. Or better yet, to join your club!
Add a Video to the District YouTube Site
We have a YouTube channel to show off all the great work of our clubs. To upload your video to our site and to see it displayed on our website here, email John Graham, District Webmaster. He will make arrangements with you for delivery of your video to the District site.
Things to keep in mind: all videos should be high-definition, 2GB or less, ten (10) minutes or less, and should not contain any copyrighted music or material.
Share Your Photos on Flickr!
Join the Rotary District 5320 Flickr Group and share your club’s photos with the world! It’s free and easy!
Get the Word Out to the Public!
2011-12 Media Contacts List (Excel xlsx)