Sept. 10 President Meeting Speaker
Commander Stubblefield has taught Navy Junior ROTC at Troy High School in Fullerton since 2006. He retired from the Navy in 2005 following 21 years of service, and taught NJROTC at Lakewood HS in Long Beach prior to his current position at Troy HS. Troy’s NJROTC program is the largest JROTC program west of the Mississippi, offering hands-on leadership and citizenship to over 400 high school cadets. Troy competes nationally in several categories, including computer security, orienteering, academics and marching. Troy was named the Top Navy JROTC program in the nation in 2009 and has been the best in California for 5 of the past 6 years.
CDR Stubblefield graduated from Klein High School in Houston, TX in 1980, and graduated from the US Naval Academy in Annapolis, MD in 1984. His ship assignments have included:
- USS REUBEN JAMES (FFG 57) homeported in Long Beach from 1985-1988 as a plankowner and serving as Auxiliaries Officer, Anti-Submarine Officer, and Officer of the Deck while deployed to the tumultuous Persian Gulf in 1988
- USS SIDES (FFG 14) in San Diego as Combat Systems Officer from 1991-1993
- USS ZEPHYR (PC8) in San Diego as Commanding Officer and plankowner from 1993-1996
- USS BENFOLD (DDG 65) in San Diego as Executive Officer from 1998-1999
- Commander THIRD Fleet Staff in San Diego as Exercises Officer from 1999-2000
- HMS CORNWALL (F99) and HMS CAMBELTOWN (F86) both in Plymouth, England, and HNLMS JACOB VAN HEEMSKERCK (F812) in Den Helder, The Netherlands, as Chief of Staff for NATO’s Standing Naval Forces Atlantic squadron from 2003-2004, deploying to the Eastern Mediterranean for counter-terrorism operations
His shore assignments included:
- Naval ROTC, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque NM, 1988-1990
- Naval Personnel Command, Washington DC, 1996-1998
- Chief of Naval Operations Staff, The Pentagon, Washington DC, 1998
- Naval ROTC, State University of New York Maritime College, Bronx, NY, 2000-2003 as Commanding Officer
- Afloat Training Group Pacific, San Diego, 2004-2005 as Chief of Staff
CDR Stubblefield married the former Kimberly Doke of Los Alamitos and they returned to Orange County after 10 Navy moves in their first 18 years of marriage in 2005. They have two children.